Everyone agrees that vegetable salads are a healthy menu that is rich in vitamins and minerals. How to make a salad is also very easy and does not take long. You can see it through some vegetable salad recipes. Can also be a vegetable salad recipe for a diet.
Read on for information about vegetable salad recipes. It's also important to know what vegetable salads, vegetable salads, history, and tips for making vegetable salads.
What is a Vegetable Salad?
Vegetable salad is a type of dish that is mostly made from several types of vegetables and additional sauces (oil or vinegar). Generally, vegetables in vegetable salads are fresh or raw vegetables but some use cooked vegetables.
There are several types of vegetables that are commonly present in vegetable salad recipes, namely cabbage, mustard greens, tomatoes, cucumbers, turnips, peppers, zucchini, beets, and carrots. There is also a vegetable salad recipe that adds several types of staple foods or animal dishes to add nutritional value.
Basic foods that can be added to vegetable salad recipes such as pasta, bread, and potatoes. There are also vegetable salad dishes that add animal ingredients such as fish, seafood, chicken, meat, and more.
Vegetable salad recipes for the diet if the main menu can add staple foods or animal dishes. However, if it is a distraction or opening because it already has a main menu, then it is enough to make it from vegetables and seasonings.
History of Vegetable Salad
Most people will think that vegetable salads are from America. In fact, since 2000 years ago, vegetable salads have been in the land of Greece and Rome. Greeks and Romans at that time used to eat fresh green vegetables with spray oil or vinegar.
Along with its development, there are vegetable salad recipes and vegetable salads since becoming popular in various worlds. However, not all types of salads are the same in all countries. Each country has a typical vegetable salad recipe.
First, salads are known in Latin as 'sal' which means salt. This term is absorbed in French with the word "salade".
The idea of a healthy Vegetable Salad Recipe
Not only healthy, most vegetable salad recipes are very easy and practical to make. Most vegetable salad recipes are also vegetable salad recipes for the diet. You can make it every day so your body becomes healthy and your diet program runs smoothly.
The following are some healthy vegetable salad recipes and also suitable for diet:
1. Greek Vegetable Salad Recipe (Horiatiki Salata)
- 200 grams of tomatoes, each cut into 8 parts
- 1 medium sized onion, sliced
- 150 g of cucumber, diced
- 100 g of feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt to taste
- 10 olives (optional)
- 3 grams of oregano (optional)
How to make:
- Mix the tomato chunks with slices of onion and cucumber
- Add salt and then mix well
- Add feta cheese
- Flush with olive oil
- Sprinkle salad with olives and oregano if there is
Horiatiki salata is a typical Greek vegetable salad recipe. Vegetable salad recipes are usually made directly from the farm. Therefore, horiatiki salata is also known as the Greek Salad (Salad of Greece). Vegetable salad recipes for this diet can be for 6 servings.
2. Cucumber Vegetable and Yogurt Salad Recipes (Tzatziki)
- 500 ml white yogurt (plain)
- 1 piece of cucumber, grated coarse
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dill leaves, sliced
How to make:
- Pour the yogurt into the lap of clean
- Squeeze-squeeze the water out of yogurt
- Stir in the yogurt into a bowl
- Add the grated cucumber water is discarded
- Mix well with salt, garlic, and olive oil
- Tzatziki Salad serve alongside sliced dill leaves
Tips To Make Vegetable Salad
There are some tips in making vegetable salad. We suggest that you look at and perform some of these tips because it's good for the quality of the vegetable salad that you create. Tips make this vegetable salad important applied in vegetable salad recipes for a diet.
Below are some tips to make vegetable salad:
- Choose vegetables that are rich in vitamins and minerals
- Choose quality veggies and fresh
- Add a protein in order to increase the value of its nutrition value
- Add the fat soluble vitamin so fat that exists on the type of vegetables that are used can dissolve in the body
- If you want as the main menu then complete with the kind of staple foods such as bread, potatoes, pasta, and other
- Use the proper dressing or sauces like olive oil